Man’s bid to build caravan site on Syston land BLOCKED after court orders him to stop

A council has litigated to get an injunction to stop the unauthorised advancement of land as a caravan site.Officials at Charnwood Borough Council took legal action against Luke Green after they realised he was developing a plot of land he owned off Fosse Method, Syston, without preparing permission.The council said

unauthorised engineering works were performed and a caravan was put on the land.A judge subsequently approved the injunction at Leicester County Court on Friday April 27 against Luke Green, of Barry Roadway , Netherhall, Leicester.The order suggests that Mr Green, or any individuals unknown, are forbidden to

utilize the land to site any more caravans/ mobile homes that includes occupying the caravans for domestic functions, momentary or otherwise.He is also forbidden to carry out anymore work, otherwise he will remain in breach of the injunction and might deal with

a criminal charge with the possibility of being fined or imprisoned. The website off Fosse Way Syston After the hearing, a district council representative said:”We became conscious that the land was being cleared last June and served a short-lived stop notification needing

all work to cease as it did not have preparing approval

.”Absolutely nothing additional occurred till February this year when we realised a fence had been put up and a caravan was on site. “As more work had happened recently we sought an injunction to stop any additional work taking place and to prevent anybody

inhabiting the caravan or any additional occupation of the site.” Our issues were that no preparation permission had been provided, the land had actually not been identified for any kind of domestic advancement in the council’s regional plan and it is likewise in a flood zone.” The site off Fosse Way Syston In March this year 2 preparation applications were sent for the site, one for 11 transit pitches for traveller/gypsy families and another for 3 household plots for a gypsy/traveller site.Both were withdrawn in April.Lead member for preparing at the borough council Eric Vardy stated:”The planning system is in location to secure our natural and built environment

from unauthorised development and we will

not be reluctant to use all the powers at our disposal to enforce that defense.”

Source

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/man-starts-building-caravan-site-1525645