Joyriders took Skylink bus – and streamed themselves survive on Facebook – Derbyshire Live

Thank you for subscribingWe have more newsletters Program me See our privacy notification Two males took a Skylink bus while the chauffeur was on a break and recorded themselves driving it away. Jonathan Huckerby and James Jones streamed their actions reside on Facebook after they took the out-of service Skylink automobile in Shepshed, Leicestershire. Leicestershire Live reports the set broke down in tears at Leicester Magistrates’Court after they were each jailed for what was referred to as “high jinks” and a trick that went too far.

Magistrates heard the pair had been out drinking in Loughborough on December 3 and had then got on a bus to Shepshed to continue partying.

They were waiting at a bus stop to try to return to Loughborough when they saw the unattended 40-seater.

Jones, a previous bus chauffeur, had the ability to unlock the lorry and he and Huckerby got on board while shooting themselves and broadcasting the video on Facebook.

Jones let the set into the vehicle and knew the expert way to begin the engine.

The court heard they drove a short distance round the corner prior to realising the intensity of what they were doing, pulling over and deserting the bus.

The prosecution case

Kwok Wan, prosecuting, said at about 7.30 pm the motorist of the bus had parked it and locked it in Charnwood Road, Shepshed, and left it while he took a break.

Mr Wan said: “When he returned, the bus was not where he had actually left it.

“He called the cops.”

While officers were browsing for the bus they ended up being mindful of the Facebook stream.

They then saw Huckerby and Jones strolling along Ashby Road and detained them.

Read More Mr Wan said 27-year-old Jones, from Armadale Drive, Leicester, admitted taking the bus and told officers precisely how he did

it. Mr Wan stated:” He stated as he was driving, the gravity of what he was doing dawned on him so he stopped and parked the bus.”

Huckerby, 28, of Pevensey Road, Loughborough, stated they were drunk which taking the bus had been a joke.

He at first informed cops he did not know Jones meant to repel till officers revealed him the live stream of him egging the him on.

Mr Wan stated: “He said it began as a joke and it went too far.”

What was their defence?

Darren Young, protecting Huckerby, stated the video showed them messing around outside the bus at first before Jones enters into the drivers seat.

“Different things were stated. There’s a general theme of messing around.

“My client states ‘I haven’t paid for my ticket to Loughborough!’.

“Then the prank went too far.”

Mr Young said the pair decided to stop when they saw a patrol car.

He informed the court that Huckerby had had an extremely bad 2018, suffering psychological health issues and substance abuse.

Read More Authorities discovered Huckerby with a small quantity of the drug Mamba which Mr Young said he used to self-medicate.

Kate Neild, safeguarding Jones, stated her client had been a bus motorist until 2 years ago when he suffered a mental breakdown and was sectioned.

She stated he was still receiving psychological health treatment.

She added; “He can only apologise for what he has done. This was high jinks that went too far.

“When cops played the video to him he was embarrassed.

“This is a night he does not wish to repeat and he has really much discovered his lesson from it.”

The court heard the bus was not damaged and ₤ 500 in fares was left unblemished.

Jones and Huckerby both admitted taking the lorry without authorization.

Jones likewise admitted driving without correct insurance while Huckerby admitted possession of Mamba.

Suspended sentences

The court was told both accuseds had actually taken the bus while serving suspended sentences.

Jones’ 12 week sentence for a violent criminal offense was suspended for a year in May.

Huckerby’s sentence, likewise for a matter of violence and arson, gone back to September.

Chairman of the magistrates’ bench, Nigel Siesage, informed them there was no alternative to triggering their jail terms.

Their 4 week terms will be added to their previous sentences leaving Jones with 16 weeks and Huckerby with 12.

Jones was also banned from driving for 30 weeks.

Each accused was ordered to pay ₤ 200 in court expenses and victim additional charges.